Welcome to our Press Room. Requests for interviews, quotes, or press statements may be directed to Executive Director Audacia Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-927-3867.
Students, researchers, and documentarians looking for a commitment of an interview or other input that will take more than 15 minutes of time, please read this page before reaching out.
Red Umbrella Project in the News
- Project of the Day: 7 Sex Workers in The Red Umbrella Diaries, IndieWire, October 29, 2013. Profile of our feature documentary, which is currently in production, written during our successful Kickstarter fundraising campaign.
- Sex Workers Tell Tricks of the Trade, ABC News, July 12, 2013. Feature article about RedUP’s storytelling work, centered around the release of Issue 2 of our literary journal Prose & Lore.
- Bitch In: Red Umbrella Project, Bitch Magazine, Winter 2013. Full page spotlight on the Red Umbrella Project.
- Sex Workers Speak Out, AltVariety, September 12, 2012. Profile of RedUP with a focus on our September Red Umbrella Diaries event.
Articles and Stories by RedUP Team Members
- No Condoms as Evidence: A Sex-Worker Campaign in New York by Audacia Ray (Founder and Director) and Sarah Elspeth Patterson, Research for Sex Work, December 2012.
- Escorting Stacy by Josh Ryley (Becoming Writers Fall 2012 participant, podcast editor), Narratively, December 2012.