Welcome to our Press Room. Requests for interviews, quotes, or press statements may be directed to Executive Director Audacia Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-927-3867.
Students, researchers, and documentarians looking for a commitment of an interview or other input that will take more than 30 minutes of time, please read this page before reaching out.
Red Umbrella Project in the News
- Bitch In: Red Umbrella Project, Bitch Magazine, Winter 2013. Full page spotlight on the Red Umbrella Project.
- Melissa Petro and Red Umbrella Writers Dispel Myths About Sex Work, Poets&Writers Blog, January 2, 2013. Article about fall 2012 Becoming Writers workshop and the first issue of our literary journal, Pros(e).
- Sex Workers Speak Out, AltVariety, September 12, 2012. Profile of RedUP with a focus on our September Red Umbrella Diaries event.
Articles and Stories by RedUP Team Members
- No Condoms as Evidence: A Sex-Worker Campaign in New York by Audacia Ray (Founder and Director) and Sarah Elspeth Patterson, Research for Sex Work, December 2012.
- Escorting Stacy by Josh Ryley (Becoming Writers Fall 2012 participant, podcast editor), Narratively, December 2012.